Reset Retirement: Finding Your Groove In Life After Work
You saved and invested well and took an exciting holiday to kick off retirement. You returned, unpacked the suitcases and souvenirs, and shared some photos with friends and family, but now what?
Retirement bliss is not what has panned out. The days seem long, the invites to lunches and dinners have slowed, or perhaps you and your significant other feel as though you are living out of each other’s pockets.
You see friends and family who seem to be having a blast (you are constantly hearing ‘I have no idea how I ever had time for work!’) whilst you are drifting aimlessly.
How can this be? At work you were driven, successful and depended upon by many.
Not only that, but you dread arriving at a BBQ and someone asking ‘what do you do’? When you were working it was easy to answer and you felt a sense of pride, e.g. “I’m an accountant and I work for XYZ Accountants” or “I’m a marketing manager with a financial planning firm”. Straight away people knew what you did and had a sense of who you were. Suddenly, the response is not so easy. “I’m a retiree” feels inadequate and suggests (rightly or wrongly) a less full and meaningful life.
The good news is that it’s never too late to take steps towards a retirement you will love to live.
Let’s pause, re-group and get clear on what you want to get out of retirement.
Through the six part Reset Retirement: Finding Your Groove in Life After Work program we will:
- Take stock of where you are right now
- Normalise the sense of feeling lost, adrift and overwhelmed (and move on from it!)
- Develop a vision of your retirement (not what you feel you ‘should’ be doing, but what truly inspires you)
- Get clear on what you enjoy and what fulfils you
- Explore identity – what has changed since you retired?
- Recognise what you need from your relationships to create a retirement that lights you up
- Create an action plan to get you motivated and on the right track to a retirement you love to live!
As a result of this program you will feel ‘back on track’, armed with tailored strategies to shape a retirement that is fulfilling and meaningful to you.
The Reset Retirement: Finding Your Groove in Life After Work program is $470AUD.
By investing in yourself and signing-up for the Reset Retirement program you will receive:
- 5 X 60 min planning sessions via video-conferencing or telephone, typically scheduled one week apart*. The program approach is structured, however, each session will be tailored to your specific circumstances
- 1 X 60 min One Month Follow-Up session to check in and refocus your plan, if required
- If the sessions are via video, you will receive a recording of each session so that you can revisit the discussion points at any time
- Session handouts to capture your thoughts, ideas and actions and enable you to take informed steps forward
- Unlimited email contact between sessions to ensure you don’t become stumped and do make progress throughout the program
*please feel free to contact me regarding in-person sessions
I wish you the very best on your journey and I look forward to working with you!